Nutrients Focus: Red Bell Pepper: Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B6 // Lean Ground Beef: Zinc, Iron, Phosphorous,Vitamin B12, Selenium, Vitamin B6, & Niacin (Vitamin B3)
High Protein, High Fiber, Gluten Free, & can easily be Dairy Free (just use your favorite DF cheese!)
// this recipe is a cheers to my new year goal of eating more yellow, orange, and red vegetables // if you dislike Red Bell Peppers, I still think you should try this because the combination of the red bell pepper being baked with the ground beef and tomato sauce creates a milder (less bitter) pepper taste // just $2.45 per stuffed pepper
Ingredients & Kitchen Tools:
- 4 Red Bell Peppers, tops cut and seeds removed
- 3/4 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 can quartered artichokes, chopped
- 1 cup pizza sauce (~ about 1/2 jar)
- 1/3 large white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/8 cup of green olives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of part-skim mozzarella cheese
- sprinkles of parmesan and oregano
- saute pan
- baking dish
:: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F:: Prep: 10 minutes- wash & chop foods as needed :: Cook: 35 minutes total ::Yield: 4 stuffed red bell peppers::
- over medium-high heat saute ground beef, onion and garlic
- cook until meat is just brown
- drain meat, onion, and garlic
- add pizza sauce
- fold in artichokes
- bake peppers in oven, uncovered for 20 minutes
- remove peppers and add 1 tbsp of mozzarella to each pepper
- bake an additional 10 minutes
- remove, top with fresh parmesan and oregano
- serve with a pasta &/or side salad & enjoy!
*watching sodium? find a low or no sodium labelled pizza sauce-I don’t add any additional salt to this meal!
Btw, these make excellent Meal Prep Meals!
Happy, Healthful Eating!